It’s already half way through April and I swear I’ve finally reached ‘old’ status because this year is flying by. I’ve generally been super busy recently, at work and at home, so before I know it weeks have gone by. Although time seems to be stuck on fast forward, whilst sitting down to update my scrapbook I’m often reminded of how much I’ve done. So today I thought I’d share 7 good things recently.
1.Visiting my bestie in Brighton. At the end of March we took a little weekend visit to Brighton to stay with my ultimate bestie. The weather was so perfect too. We played in the arcade machines, I lost my bank card, ate fish and chips, found my bank card, took photo’s in a photobooth, ate tasty food, took some polaroids and played Guess Who in a pub. It was perfect and I can’t wait to go back again in June for a Bloc Party gig.
2. Winning a Bafta. I mean, not many people can say they’ve worked on a project that won a Bafta!! I’m officially a Bafta winner and yes I’ve already joked about adding it to my CV. So proud of the company I work for and all the hard work we put in to finally win one of these bad boys.
3. Re-watching Game of Thrones in preperation for Season 8 starting. It’s been 2 years since the last season ended and it was so fun re-watching them. There was so much I had forgotten about and now I’m SO HYPE for the new season starting tomorrow. Eeek!
4. Reading. I’m still going strong guys! I set myself a 20 book target for the year and i’m currently reading number 12. According to Goodreads I’m 6 books ahead of schedule right now. I’m tempted to blast through that challenge and just see how many I can actually read this year.
5. Buying myself some new clothes. I’ve added some boyfriend fit jeans to my wardrobe (which i’ve wanted for-ev-eeer) and they’re so comfy I can’t wait to buy more. I’ve also bought the coolest shirt I’ve ever owned ever, this badboy with dinosaurs on. It’s made me pretty happy and confident. It’s making my super excited for the summer and nice summery clothes.
6. Going for walks on weekends. I’m definitely one of those people that can become a hermit at weekends and just veg out in my PJ’s all weekend without really leaving the sofa. Recently however I’ve been trying to change that. We’ve planned in walks over the last few weekends and it’s been so nice spending time together away from screens, getting some fresh air and enjoying a morning coffee (and occasional biscuit!).
7. Planning exciting trips for the rest of the year. I’m one of those people that likes order and structure and we’ve recently started properly planning for some trips we have coming up this year and it’s really exciting seeing plans come together. I can’t wait to show you all the places we visit this year in little photo diary style posts and writing more travel content for you!
I really wanted to write 10 good things but honestly I felt like the last 3 would have been forced, so you’ll have to make do with 7 good things recently. If the first 3-4 months of 2019 are to go by, this year is shaping up to be pretty fucking awesome and I can’t wait to share my journey with you.
Please let me know 1 good thing you’ve been enjoying recently so we can share the joy! Tarnya xox