I’m currently sat on my sofa with all the windows and doors open trying to stay cool in the ridiculous heat the UK is having right now. Most of you will be jumping for joy, packing picnics and making your way to the nearest beer gardens. Yet, the summer and hot weather haters are sat inside or in the shade trying to stop sweating so much, desperately wishing for the rain. So here are 10 of my thoughts during the hot weather!
1. Oh god, I have to get my legs out, should probably get the lawn mower out and trim the leg lawn.
2. I hate my arms and now I can’t hide under a cardigan 24/7. Also, I should probably shave my armpits now too.
3. WHY AM I SO SWEATY! HOW DO I EVEN HAVE THIS MUCH LIQUID IN ME.
4. Okay I’m going to risk wearing tights today. BIG MISTAKE, I INSTANTLY REGRET MY DECISION.
5. Right, lesson learnt, I’ll go without tights on today. Yep, my thighs are rubbing, I remember why I wore tights now.
6. Whyyyy is it so hot, I can’t sleep. Where is the wind when you need it??
7. At least I get to wear my awesome sunglasses now!
…2 days later…
Stupid fucking sunglasses giving me huge spots around my nose. Ugh!
8. I wish my skin was good enough to go make up free.. I don’t think there is enough powder in the world to keep me matte today.
9. Ahhhh sunburn, my old friend, we meet again. I guess the sun cream and 3 layers of clothing didn’t stop you from showing up at my door uninvited again this summer. Welcome. I’m guessing you’ll be sticking around for a week or two?
10. Oohhh rubbing sandals that give me blisters, I remember why I stopped wearing you now. Will I probably forget and wear you again next summer? Almost certainly.
Let me know if you too are a hot weather hater! I miss the crisp morning air of spring and long for the oranges and browns of the autumn leaves. Let me know what things you hate about the hot weather below in the comments!
If you want to see what summery clothes I’ve been wearing, you can check out my new spring pieces post.