Getting married was one of the happiest days of my life, I married my best friend in the entire world, the one person I want to spend the rest of my life with, go on adventures with and who I want by my side when life gets hard. Although we’ve only been married for 2 weeks now, there have been plenty of new and strange thoughts to process and I thought I’d share some of them with you, like the true blogger I am!
1. Shit I’m married and I’m only 27. This was never part of my life plan, how did it all happen so quickly, when did life get to serious?!
2. I have to be that girl that practices her new signature in notebooks. Do I go fancy or simple? How did I ever decide on my maiden name signature?!
3. No, I don’t want kids yet. No it’s not likely to happen in the next 3 years, please don’t ask or hint, thanks!
4. I have a husband, huuusbaaaand. Typing it is weird, saying it out loud is weirder.
5. I’m a WIFE now, do you think people will look at me differently? Have I suddenly aged like 10 years?
6. Why does everything feel the same but also feel different at the same time? Being married is strange.
7. I didn’t realise how attached I was to my lovely but boring ‘Smith‘ maiden name until I don’t have it anymore. Oh comforting maiden name, I’ll miss you.
8. Why can’t I stop looking at my wedding ring and engagement ring together, they’re just so pretty!
9. Is it perfectly acceptable to ‘let go’ now I’m married and eat as much cake as I like? Totally, I’ll have a third slice…
10. I’m going to spend the rest of my life with Nick, as much as he annoys the crap out of me, I’m so excited about all the adventures we’ll go on!
I’ll be sharing more of my wedding and marriage journey with you on the blog! I’ll be sharing more things over the coming weeks, including wedding photos as and when I get them. I hope you’re all excited and enjoying the wedding talk, I still can’t believe it’s been 2 weeks already, almost a year build up and it’s over so quickly!
Until next time!